This is about 35th BCS English Solution. Every year BPSC repeats a number of questions. So if you practice the previous year’s question, you will be benefited.
1. Cricket enjoys a huge — in Bangladesh.
(a) follow on
(b) fall out
2. Who wrote the following lines: “all at once I saw a crowd, a host of golden daffodils”?
3. What would be the right synonym for ‘initiative’?
4. Which of the following words can be used as a verb?
5. Who among the following writers is not noble laureate?
(a) T.S. Eliot
(b) Toni Morrison
(c) Grahame Greene
(d) William Faulkner
6. The film was directed in the director’s usual — style.
7. The correct passive form of “You must shut these doors” is-
(a) These must be shut doors
(b) Shut the doors you must
(c) Shut must be the doors
(d) These doors must be shut
8. Which one is the determiner in the sentence
“Will it take much time.”
9. The play ‘Arms and the Man is by-
(a) James Joyce
(b) Samuel Beckett
(c) Arthur Miller
(d) Gorge Bernard Shaw
10. ‘He was rather a disagreeable man.’ Here the underlined word is a/an
11. This could have worked if I — been more far-sighted.
12. The ‘climax’ of a plot is what happens-
(a) in the beginning
(b) at the end
(c) at the height
(d) in the confrontation
13. Choose the pair of words that expresses a relationship similar to that of “Harm:Damage”
(b) Injure: Incapacitate
(c) Stout: Weak
(d) Hook: Crook
14. ‘Othello’ is a Shakespeare’s play about-
(a) A Jew
(b) A Roman
(c) A Turk
(d) A Moor
15. In the 18th Century Mughal Empire began to —
16. Being fat does not necessarily kill you, but it — the risk that you will suffer from nasty diseases.
17. The poem ‘Isle of Innisfree’ is written by-
(a) Dylan Thomas
(b) Ezra Pound
(c) W.H. Auden
(d) W.B. Yeats
18. Riders to the Sea is –
(a) an epic poem
(b) a novella
(c) a one-act play
(d) a theatrical adaptation
19. ‘It is time to review the protocol on testing nuclear weapons’. here the underlined word means-
(a) Record of rules
(b) Summary of rules
20. — amazing song haunted me for a long time.
21. Let us begin by looking at the minute of the meeting . Here the underlined word means-
(a) time record
(b) time frame
(c) written record
(d) written analysis
22. The noise in Dhaka City has increased exponentially. Here the underlined word means-
23. Which of the following writers belong to the Elizabethan period?
(a) Christopher Marlowe
(b) Alexander Pope
(c) John Dryden
(d) Samuel Beckett
24. Women are too often — by family commitments.
Read More: 36th BCS English Solution
25. “To be, or not be, that is the question”- is a famous dialogue from-
(b) Romeo and Juliet
26. Class relations and social conflict is the key understanding of —
27. Societies living in the periphery are always ignored. Here the underlined word means–
(a) offshore areas
(b) marginal areas
(c) remote places
(d) backward regions
28. The idiom “A stitch in time saves nine” refers the importance of–
(a) saving lives
(b) timely action
(c) saving time
(d) time tailoring
29. Which is the correct sentence?
(a) He insisted on seeing her.
(b) He insisted for seeing her.
(c) He insisted in seeing her.
(d) He insisted to be seeing her.
30. The phrase ‘nouveau rich’ means-
(a) Riche rich
(b) Well off
(c) New high class
(d) New rich
35th BCS English Solution
31. What would be the best antonym of ‘hibernate’?
32. I am in the process of collecting material for my story. The underlined word is a/an–
33. Depression is often hereditary. The underlined word is a/an
34. Find out odd-man out-
(a) George Eliot
(b) Thomas Hardy
(c) Joseph Conrad
(d) James Joyce
35. Find the odd-man out
(a) The Bluest Eye
(c) As I Lay Dying
(d) A Mercy