Prefix Suffix for SSC is for SSC syllabus. By practicing these excercise one can be benefited a lot. So keep practicing.
1. A good teacher is an (a) — (act). He presents a lesson in an (b) — (artist) way that makes the lesson lively. His technique of teaching makes a lesson interesting over to the students who are (c) — (interested). The students who are (d) — (interested) in the class are made interested by imparting education (e) — (artistic). A good teacher should also be a — (psychology). He must have (g) — (capable) to read the minds of the students. And different (h) — (treat) must be suggested for different students. Another (i) — (importance) quality of a teacher is (j) — (tolerate).
Answer sheet:1. (a) actor (b) artistic (c) uninterested (d) uninterested (e) artistically (f) psychologist (g) capability (h) treatment (i) important (j) tolerance.
2. Good (a) — (behave) forms an important part of our education. Our (b) — (learn) remains (c) — (complete) if we do not teach them good behaviour. In (d) — (deal) with others, we must show respect (e) — (proper). We should have a sense of (f) — (polite) in our conduct with others. The (g) — (signify) of good conduct in life is (h) — (real) great. People are (i) — (delight) to help a man with good conduct. (j) — (Actual) a man of good character is a gentle man in the true sense of the term.
Answer sheet: 2. (a) behaviour (b) learning (c) incomplete (d) dealing (e) properly (f) politeness (g) significance (h) really (i) delighted (j) Actually.
Prefix Suffix for SSC
3. As human being we should gain some moral qualities. Infact, (a) — (moral) is one of the (b) — (great) virtues. (c) — (Moral) hampers all (d) — (develop) activities of a country. So, morality should be (e) — (practise) since one’s (f) — (boy). Educational (g) — (institute) can play important roles in this regard. This (h) — (ward) quality helps a man to be noble. (i) — (Noble) is another virtue. This virtue can (j) — (rich) a man’s life.
Answer sheet 3: (a) morality (b) greatest (c) Immortality (d) development (e) practised (f) boyhood (g) institutions (h) inward (i) Nobility (j) enrich
4. Ladies and gentlemen, (a) — (come) on board Flight BG 88 to Bangkok. We are (b) — (current) third in line for take-off and are expected to be in the air in (c) — (approximate) seven minutes. Please (d) — (fast) your seat belt and secure all baggage under your seat or in the (e) — (head) compartments. Keep your seat and table trays in (f) — (up) position for take-off. Please turn off all (g)—(person) electronic devices, (h) — (include) laptops and cell Phones. This is a (i) — (smoke) flight. Thank you for choosing Bangladesh Biman. (j) — (Joy) your flight.
Answer sheet: 4. (a) welcome (b) currently (c) approximately (d) faster (e) overhead (f) upright (g) personal (h) including (i) non-smoking (j) enjoy.
Prefix Suffix for
5. The importance of television is beyond (a) — (describe). It is like a stage where (b) — (perform) are seen and heard. It gives news on (c) — (nation) and international matters. Television has a great educative value. It teaches the (d) — (literate) and students. It (e) — (large) our knowledge. It has broken the wall between the educated and the (f) — (educated). Television has some (g) — (merits) too. So, television programs should be (h) — (careful) produced so that it can never be (i) — (harm) to us. People who have the (j) — (involve) with production of programs must be rational.
Answer sheet: 5. (a) description (b) performers (c) national (d) illiterate (e) enlarges (f) uneducated (g) demerits (h) carefully (i) harmful (j) involvement.
6. (a) — (Honest) is the best of all virtues. An honest man is always (b) — (truth). He is never (c) — (harm) to anybody. Nobody is (d) — (satisfied) with him. On the otherhand, everybody (e) — (likes) a (f) — (honest) man. People remember an honest man (g) — (respectful) even after his death. Without (h) — (honest) peace and (i) — (happy) is (j) — (possible).
Answer sheet: 6. (a) Honesty (b) truthful (c) harmful (d) dissatisfied (e) dislikes (f) dishonest (g) respectfully (h) honesty (i) happiness (j) impossible.
Prefix Suffix for
7. Money is the means of leading (a) — (would) life. (b) — (short) of money makes our life (c) — (deplore).We can’t lead our life (d) — (proper) for want of money. But there is (e) — (difficult) in earning money. Our peace and prosperity are (f) — (depend) on proper (g) — (utilize) of money. Spending money in an (h) — (proper) way can lead us to the path of (i) — (destroy). So, we should be (j) — (care) in spending money.
Answer sheet: 7. (a) worldly (b) shortage (c) deplorable (d) properly (e) difficulty (f) dependent (g) utilization (h) improper (i) destruction (j) careful.
8. Kazi Nazrul Islam is very (a) — (known) to us. He is a great writer. Besides a (b) — (write), he is also a (c) —(sing) and dramatist. We got (d) — (inspire) during our liberation war from his writings. His (e) — (contribute) to Bengali literature has made him (f) — (mortal). He started his early age with great (g) — (hard). Once he had to work is a bread (h) — (make) shop for his (i) — (live). Now, he is our (j) — (nations) poet. He breathed his last in 1976.
Answer sheet: 8. (a) well-known (b) writer (c) singer (d) inspiration (e) contribution (f) immortal (g) hardship (h) making/maker’s (i) living/livelihood (j) national.
Prefix Suffix for
9. Dhaka is the (a) — (big) city of Bangladesh. It is (b) — (dense) populated. As it is the capital of our country, its (c) — (important) is great. Dhaka is a (d) — (beauty) city. The (e) — (beauty) process of Dhaka is still going on. Those who live (f) — (out) the Dhaka city have a (g) — (fascinate) to visit it. I was very (h) — (desire) to visit Dhaka. At last, I fulfilled my (i) — (aspire) last year. I become pleased seeing the (j) — (attract) buildings there.
Answer sheet: 9. (a) biggest (b) densely (c) importance (d) beautiful (e) beautification (f) outside (g) fascination (h) desirous (i) aspiration (j) attractive.
10. There was a poor farmer in a village. He had a (a) — (wonder) goose. She laid a (b) — (gold) egg every day. The farmer sold the eggs in the market and maintained his family well. But he became (c) — (greed). He wanted to get all the eggs at a time. He wanted to become rich (d) — (night). He could not control his (e) — (tempt) and cut the belly of the goose with a knife. (f) — (fortunate) he found no eggs inside it. His (g) — (sad) knew no bounds. He became (h) — (repent) for his foolishness. He realized that (i) — (excess) greed leads to (j) — (destroy).
Answer sheet: 10. (a) wonderful (b) golden (c) greedy (d) overnight (e) temptation (f) Unfortunately (g) sadness (h) repentant (i) excessive (j) destruction.